- Job ID 37184
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Associate Supply Chain
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world!
Supports Amgen Thousand Oaks Distribution Center Inventory Management teams by performing tasks associated with cycle counting, inventory accuracy, material movement, capacity management, process improvements and analysis.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing, and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be the world’s largest independent biotechnology company, has reached millions of patients around the world, and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
- Perform accurate cycle counts of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) material and product stored in the Amgen Thousand Oaks Building 31 Distribution Center
- Perform inventory discrepancy investigations and resolve the discrepancy
- Perform timely and accurate SAP system transactions associated with cycle counting and material movement
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (PIV)
- Consistently follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and departmental policies with strict adherence to cGMPs
- Material handling associated with the movement of materials within a warehouse setting
- Promote and support continuous improvement programs
- Support ATO external warehouse operation teams and all associated
- Collaborate with Global Distribution Teams to meet ever evolving needs of the business
Daily workload is accomplished through team effort, so the successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, identifying and reporting operational issues and process improvement opportunities
- The ability to work under general direction, seeking assistance as needed
- Good critical thinking skills with the ability to identify roadblocks, bringing effective solutions to area management for resolution
- Good math skills, and adherence to safe working practices.
- Ability to support other warehouse functions related to material movement and capacity management
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an employee with these qualifications.
High school/GED + 2 years supply chain work experience OR
Associate’s + 6 months supply chain work experience OR
- Support documentation/SOP revisions in CDOCS
- QMTS (Quality TrackWise System) knowledge, supporting deviation investigations including initiating and owning minor deviations
- Support metrics gathering, prepare reports and present finding reports to area management
- Assist with internal operational excellence projects
- Knowledge of Smartsheets, Teams, Tableau, Office Suites
- Demonstrate ability to vocally present to groups
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
67,172.00 USD – 78,722.00 USD