- Job ID 37088
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Business Mgmt Specialist (US) – Product Owner
Job Category – Primary
Job Searches Match
Depth & Scope:
- Works autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized business management function and may provide work direction to others
- Provides seasoned specialized knowledge, advice and/or guidance to various stakeholders and team members
- Scopes of role may have enterprise impact
- Focuses on short to medium – term issues (e.g. 6-12 months)
- Undertakes and completes a variety of complex projects and initiatives requiring specialist knowledge and/or the integration of cross functional processes within own area of expertise
- Oversees and/or independently performs tasks from end to end
- Contributes to the strategic direction of the business management function and play a key role in the development and implementation of strategies in support of the overall business strategy
- Plans, leads / manages and/or oversees a diverse set of work activities requiring alignment across multiple areas
- Leads / manages the integrated implementation of policies / processes / procedures / changes in across multiple functional areas
- Provides direction and/or input to complex, wide ranging enterprise or cross-function / business projects/initiatives as a subject matter expert and where necessary participates in identifying, designing and testing solutions and supporting the implementation
- Facilitates key discussions and provides thought leadership to executive audience (output is roadmap and/or strategic plan/ deliverables/frameworks/ short to long term goals etc.)
- Leads partner to management / leadership and respective teams for area of specialization with industry, external and internal, enterprise and business awareness; recognizing and anticipating emerging trends and; identifying issues and opportunities and recommending action to senior management
- Works effectively with multiple teams across a broad spectrum of initiatives and functional domains, influencing others as needed
- Adheres to enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to business management activities for own area
- Actively manages relationships with corporate and/or control functions and ensure alignment with enterprise and/or regulatory requirements
- Keeps abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts to the Bank
- Assesses / identifies key issues and escalate to appropriate levels and relevant stakeholders where required
- Maintains a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes and sound infrastructure an in alignment with risk appetite
- Ensures business operations are in compliance with applicable internal and external requirements (e.g. financial controls, segregation of duties, transaction approvals, and physical control of assets).
- Participates in cross-functional / enterprise initiatives as a subject matter expert helping to identify risk / provide guidance for complex situations
- Leads relevant governance meetings or committees and related deliverables / outcomes
- Leads / facilitates and/or implements action/remediation plans to address performance/risk/governance issues
- Provides thought leadership and/or industry knowledge for own area of expertise
- Supports a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency
- Works effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services
- Participates in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years relevant experience
At TD, we’re guided by our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and behaviors. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career, and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment, so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investments we make in our colleagues to help them and their families achieve their financial, physical and mental well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes base salary and variable compensation/incentive awards (e.g., eligibility for cash and/or equity incentive awards, generally through participation in an incentive plan) and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits, savings and retirement programs, paid time off (including Vacation PTO, Flex PTO, and Holiday PTO), banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community to experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches/stores. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need accommodations to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving across four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!