- Job ID 37163
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
Be part of Amgen’s newest and most advanced drug substance manufacturing plant. When completed, the Amgen FleX batch facility will combine the latest in disposable technologies with traditional stainless steel equipment to allow for maximum flexibility in operations The FleX Batch facility will not only feature the best in-class drug substance manufacturing technologies with embedded industry 4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen’s plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
EHSS, Senior Manager – ANC (Process Safety and Risk)
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible for corporate policies, guidelines, and standards as well as related training programs and regulatory compliance. Provides leadership vital to implement Global EHSS programs. Develops, monitors, and coordinates Company EHSS programs in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations. Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key managers and officials of other organizations and regulatory agencies, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. Provides market/customer sensitivity and commits to talent development.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate agility and versatility as an EHSS professional and be able to adjust and manage various programs such as process safety, contractor safety, pressure safety, LOTO, machine safety and high-risk programs.
- Drive continuous improvement of high-risk programs and work with clients to drive an actively caring safety culture.
- Lead higher level technical risk assessments such as PHA, HAZOP, Pre Startup Safety Reviews, etc.), document accordingly, track corrective actions and ongoing compliance with risk mitigation strategies and controls.
- Deliver Safety Engineering and EHS by dEHSign support for site projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- During the first year, work with Amgen project, commissioning and qualification, and internal service provider teams to implement Amgen safety practices, EHS design reviews and contractor safety during facility startup.
- Serve as EHSS subject matter expert and main point of contact to key functions at the site supporting change management, risk assessment, laboratory inspections, and incident investigations.
- Lead the implementation of effective and efficient pressure safety, contractor safety and EHS by dEHSign programs.
- Lead ongoing improvements in Risk Assessments, Change Management and JHA utilization, driving to world class performance.
- Lead complex or particularly high hazard Risk Assessment using process hazard evaluation techniques such as What If, HAZOP, FMEA etc. to support site EH&S and Engineering deliverables.
- Lead key site EHSS programs including pressure safety, hazardous gas, Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Safety, confined Space, electrical safety, and Hot Work.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The EHS professional we seek is a collaborative leader with these qualifications.
- Doctorate Degree and 2 years of Environmental, Safety, Science, Engineering or EHS experience
- Master’s Degree and 6 years of Environmental, Safety, Science, Engineering or EHS experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of Environmental, Safety, Science, Engineering or EHS experience
- Associate’s Degree and 10 years of Environmental, Safety, Science, Engineering or EHS experience
- High School Diploma / GED and 12 years of Environmental, Safety, Science, Engineering or EHS experience
- Degree in Engineering or Science.
- Experience in project EHS reviews, engineering design, Risk Management, including developing and implementing EHSS risk management programs in biotech/pharma.
- Proficiency performing design reviews for various sized projects to provide EHSS formal review at Concept, Basis of Design, Detailed Design and Operational Readiness Review project stages.
- Knowledge of relevant OSHA, EPA, NFPA and Building regulations.
- Familiarity with typical project documents including process diagrams, P&ID’s, equipment specifications, design drawings etc.
- Applied knowledge and understanding of EHSS principles and practices, regulatory standards, and requirements in context of business activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software systems.
- 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry managing EHSS programs.
- Qualification in Process Hazard Analysis, including one or more of Hazop, What-If, PrHA, FMEA.
- Well-developed skills in leadership, communication, program development and project management.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
123,743.00 USD – 153,636.00 USD