- Job ID 37162
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
– 5+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience – 2+ years of technical product or program management experience – 2+ years of software development experience – 3+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience – Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
In this role you will work with the SES team to educate and enable customers, work with email receivers (ISPs), and drive innovation around email technology to maximize the likelihood that email messages are actually arriving at their intended destinations. You will live and thrive at the intersection of business, technology, data, and the customer experience. You will be a key email deliverability contact, and be able to explain complex concepts, while supporting your position with well-reasoned analysis. The work you do has broad impact. Your efforts will maintain the integrity and reputation of SES as a reliable sending platform for high-quality messages. You will shape future SES features by bringing a deliverability focus to discussions. You will help design software to prevent, anticipate, detect, and mitigate deliverability events. You will champion your proposals using a metrics-approach way with executives and developers alike.
The ideal candidate is passionate about email technology, is highly analytical, a fast learner, and has a proven record of achieving success both with customers and ISPs. You keep abreast of emerging trends and are plugged into the email industry. You empathize with recipients, postmasters, and understand what an ISP considers good mail.
In addition to SES, this candidate will consult on deliverability strategy across the company, including Amazon Retail, its subsidiaries such as Zappos, MyHabit, Audible, and other new business ventures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leverage data to build insights about email deliverability for SES customers.
Work closely with SES engineering, operations, sales, and marketing to help design and build scalable tools and features that can manage and analyze billions of messages for maintaining deliverability excellence and deliver a great experience to thousands of customers.
Relentlessly advocate responsible email sending and educate internal stakeholders as well as external customers.
Troubleshoot and resolve deliverability problems in a scalable and efficient manner. Recognize patterns in data and drive changes to software and processes. Prefer automation to manual review, and have strong intuitions on the best path to resolution.
Cultivate relationships with ISPs and industry luminaries while evangelizing SES’s commitment to responsible sending. Travel to conferences within the email industry.
Drive deliverability initiatives across Amazon, including educating and training internal business teams and assisting when appropriate to redefine company-wide email strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity, and we are having a lot of fun with Amazon SES. If you want to be a part of growing the email platform powering Amazon and thousands of AWS customers, then contact us today!
For more information on:
- Amazon Simple Email Service: http://aws.amazon.com/ses
- Amazon Web Services: http://aws.amazon.com/
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
– Email Deliverability experience Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $101,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $197,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.