- Job ID 37065
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Agency : Department of Public Health
Office: Human Resources
Division: Deputy Director’s Office
Posting ID: 74-23-0112 & 74-23-0113
Posted: 11/08/2023 – 11/27/2023
Salary: $5,181 – $7,664/month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 2
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number
74-23-0112 & 74-23-0113
Agency Marketing Statement
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is tasked with the oversight of communities within Illinois to achieve and maintain optimal health and safety. With an annual budget of over $600 million in state and federal funds, 7 regional offices, 3 laboratories and over 1,100 employees, IDPH is equipped to fulfill its mission of protecting the health and wellness of the people of Illinois through the prevention, health promotion, regulation and control of disease and injury.
The Illinois Department of Public Health is seeking a highly motivated individual to work closely with Special Project Manager and team to develop standards that outline requirements for investments in resources and reflect the portfolio management emphasis on coordinating investments and projects in the context of IDPH strategic business plan. Performs strategic solutions incorporating standards for business initiatives and provides the analytics necessary to implement, measure, and optimize enterprise performance and productivity strategies. Defines business cases, needs, and processes through workshop facilitation, interviews, observation work and business modeling techniques.
1. Works closely with Special Project Manager and team to develop standards that outline requirements for investments in resources and reflect the portfolio management emphasis on coordinating investments and projects in the context of IDPH strategic business plan.
- Works closely with the team to optimize the value of Enterprise Architecture to the organization.
- Assists with the analysis, design, development, testing and delivery of Enterprise solutions including documentation, procedures, processes, schedule improvements, workflow, and daily activities supporting existing Enterprise applications and processes.
2. Performs strategic solutions incorporating standards for business initiatives and provides the analytics necessary to implement, measure, and optimize enterprise performance and productivity strategies.
- Communicates the analytical results derived in both verbal and written formats to Special Projects Manager and senior management.
- Navigates the enterprise architecture and operational data to fulfill routine information requests/reports.
3. Assembles the information learned during the business process model stages into process architecture and hierarchies, aligning people, systems, governance, business rules, policies, and procedures while defining overlaying hierarchies of process metrics.
- Documents and communicates strategic intent, roadmap planning and development for change initiatives.
- Provides strategic support to the agency in defining and designing business processes based on business vision and requirements.
Job Responsibilities (cont)
4. Defines business cases, needs, and processes through workshop facilitation, interviews, observation work and business modeling techniques.
- Provides all aspects of Business Analysis, including needs assessment and strategic plan, concept development, scope definition, problem discovery, risk identification and mitigation plan, design, issue resolution, and bridging the business and technical teams to translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Performs detailed Gap Analysis between current and future state business processes models.
5. Functions as team member to drive productivity in new process design and development, develop rigorous procedures and control plans and working closely with process owners, project managers and senior management.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all levels in the agency, and documenting key processes associated with the organizations top Goals and Objectives.
6. Leads and participates in all aspects of large–scale Enterprise Architecture projects including ideation, identification, planning and cost estimation through requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation and production.
- Ensures that the standards, best practices and processes are followed.
- Executes design review sessions to seek out alternative solutions and best practices.
- Provides an assessment back to the management of gaps that may exist and create an action plan to close them.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college, preferably with courses in business or public administration.
- Requires one year of responsible administrative experience in a public or business organization, or completion of an agency approved professional management training program.
- One year experience with analyzing, designing, developing, testing or delivering Enterprise Solutions.
- One year experience performing strategic solutions incorporating standards for business initiatives.
- One year experience assembling information learned during business process model stages.
- One year experience defining business cases, needs, and processes through workshop facilitation, interviews, observation work and business modeling techniques.
- Ability to maintains effective working relationships with all levels in the agency.
- One year experience working on projects including ideation, identification, planning and cost estimation.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: 535 W Jefferson St Springfield, IL 62702-5076
Job Family: Leadership & Management
Agency Contact Email: DPH.HRApplications@illinois.gov
Phone #: 217-785-2031
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses: