- Job ID 37050
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
: Stassney Hq – Main 6230 East Stassney Lane Austin 78744
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Day Job
At TxDOT, we value employee work-life balance. In keeping with our commitment to this value, our employees benefit from a wide array of programs and activities that include:
- Low Turnover
- Retirement Pension
- Alternative Work Schedules
- Paid Leave/Holidays
- Health Premiums paid at 100% for full-time employees
- On the Job Training
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Program/Wellness Leave Incentives
- Career Development Programs/Opportunities for advancement
For a complete list of our total compensation package please visit our website at: Total Compensation Package
To view benefits available to all State of Texas employees visit: Benefits at a Glance | ERS (texas.gov)
IT Applications Delivery Lead Job Description:
Performs advanced computer systems analysis work in support of TxDOT information technology system. Work involves coordinating the planning and analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems (enterprise content management applications, such as Hyland OnBase) to add value to TxDOT. Oversees the backlog of maintenance, enhancement, break fixes, patching and upgrades of TxDOT systems. Oversees individual, State staff, contractors and vendors providing IT services, support, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of projects/programs and/or systems. Reports to an ITD Application Delivery Branch Manager. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, assigns, and oversees the work of a team and facilitates cross tower overlap sessions with project managers to ensure solutions are standardized.
- Oversees the team monitoring Service Management functions within Applications, including services performed by vendors, staff aug, and TxDOT employees.
- Serves as a lead worker by serving as a resource for complex questions; assigning work; presenting workflow and operational updates to the supervisor/manager; and approving timesheets and leave requests to ensure operations coverage.
- Coordinates vendors and/or contracted individuals in matters related to requirements, analysis, systems design, development (programming), integration, testing, deployment, implementation, maintenance, and training activities.
- Plans and coordinates application delivery projects and ensures required documentation is complete, accurate, follows define standards and built using best technical practices.
- Assists with developing contract statement of work and/or contributes to technical components of a statement of work.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development and execution of enterprise level strategies and technical direction, including establishing processes and procedures for executing and maintaining technology road maps.
- Assists with establishing best practices and governance for you assigned applications/products/platforms. Creates and maintains best practice documents and provide to delivery teams and individuals.
- Manages the backlog of audits, accessibility, security findings to ensure the finding are remediated per the agreed timeframe. Partners with other areas in the agency to support local and enterprise-wide activities and drive engagement.
- Reviews and analyzes assigned legislative bills related to the application/system; provides cost estimate and potential impact analysis.
- Keeps abreast of technical changes and integration technologies; Disseminates this information to staff and contractors.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management information systems or related discipline
- 3 YEARS in systems analysis, delivery and maintenance of information technology applications or related activities
(Experience can be satisfied by full time or prorated part time equivalent)
License and Certification
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education on a year per year basis.
- Applicable testing methods, processes, and procedures, technical analysis, critical analysis, decision making determining root cause, problem solving, and ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- IT system and enterprise applications integration, implementation, and administrative processes, development methodologies and standards.
- Concepts, techniques and tools used in planning, designing, and implementing database management systems and related technologies
- Server hardware, operating systems, operations, and maintenance
- Contract analysis and vendor management
- Limitations and capabilities of computer systems; of technology across all network layers and computer platforms
- Methodologies and tools used in information technology functions and architectures.
- Writing and revising standards and procedures
- Maintaining effective working relationships with with individuals and groups outside of the centralized IT organization
- Troubleshooting application systems, and gathering the analysis of data
- Planning, assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing the work of professional and technical employees
- Communicating technical information, and complex ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively
- The use and support of applicable computer systems
- Persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Exercises logic and reasoning to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; makes decisions that support business objectives and goals
- Sedentary work: Lift up to 10 lbs at a time and occasionally carry files/small tools
- Sitting – prolonged periods of time
- Walking-moving on foot to accomplish tasks: long distance/from one work site to another
- Fingering-picking, pinching, typing; working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand
- Repetitive Motion-substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Close Visual Acuity-work includes data/figures; view a computer screen; extensive reading
: Information Technology
: Nov 3, 2023, 9:09:27 AM
: Nov 17, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
: Systems Analyst VI
State Job Code/s
TxDOT is committed to hiring veterans. To assist in determining whether your military experience may pertain to the minimum requirements for this position, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) codes from each branch of the U.S. Armed Forces have been assigned to each state classification code/title where applicable. The MOS codes are grouped by occupational category.
To view the MOS codes please click on link below and click on the appropriate occupational category. Above the EEO/ADA field on job description page
The Texas Department of Transportation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination in the workplace. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
If requested, reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities for any part of the employment process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Action of 1990.
Additional Applicant Information