- Job ID 37062
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Major Position Responsibilities:
Manages and coordinates the Help Desk and End User activities across General Dynamics – Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS). Ensures that effective support and/or computer-related resources are provided to users when required to meet needs of various departments and/or locations in the company by performing the following duties. This job opportunity is contingent on contract award.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Engages in GDOTS enterprise wide support of computer operations to ensure that effective computer resources are provided to users.
- Manages, coordinates and establishes priorities for complete lifecycle of End User projects including the planning, design, testing, installation and implementation of hardware and software and/or systems upgrades and modifications, peripheral equipment, printers and computer users’ solutions that are designed to meet for proposed project or workload, efficient operation and effective uses of allocated space requirements of various departments and/or locations in GDOTS.
- Studies existing issues, capabilities and proposed projects for GDOTS locations and/or departments that are serviced by End User Technicians with reporting formats required, volume and volatility of transactions, time requirements and cost constraints supporting Best Practices solutions, cost reductions improved operating procedures, alternate support methods, communications, information flow, temporary workarounds, security compliance, management reporting and operational efficiencies.
- Is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures to formulate End User support plans, estimate costs and ensure projects meet strategic needs.
- Conducts financial and budgetary analysis to define any End User project work and to ascertain what best fits user needs and company standards.
- Recommends purchase of software, hardware and equipment by evaluating, developing and maintaining along with usage of telecommunications and computer systems installations while evaluating compatibility with existing software and hardware.
- Meets with subordinates to discuss progress of work, resolves problems and ensures that standards for quality and quantity of work are met in End User activities including, but not limited to, receiving and responding to HelpDesk Tickets, telephone calls from users having problems using their computer software and hardware; or inquiring how to use specific software, talking to users to learn procedures followed and source of error, answering questions; applying knowledge of computer software, hardware and procedures; determining cause of problem and talking with coworkers to research problems and find solutions.
- Creates and manages local and remote staff capable of meeting current and future needs and adjusts hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Reports and coordinates with IT management, programmers, etc. on equipment functioning to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- May write, revise, or develop user training manuals and IT End User procedures and train End User and HelpDesk Technicians on software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from four-year college or university; or 8 to 10 years related End User IT experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and 5 years staff management experience.
- Certifications in A+, MCP in Windows 7 and 8 and Network+ preferred.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, Internet software, and Project Management software. Requires a wide degree to creativity and latitude, initiative and independent judgment outside of the standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria. Strong computer skills, written and verbal communication skills, administrative data control, scheduling and team interface.