- Job ID 37094
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Job Title: Operational Excellence Coach
Location: Lexington, MA
About the role:
The AGILE OE Coach executes and provides coaching for Continuous Improvement projects that support the Massachusetts Biologics Operations (MA Bio Ops) strategy while building the Lean / Six Sigma knowledge and practices of leaders and colleagues in the organization. You will work directly with partners as a leader to improve processes, enhance operational capability, and cultivate a growth mindset throughout MA Bio Ops. You will participate in a global community of practice to share best practices across the network.
The AGILE OE Coach is an advocate of change and advanced practitioner of operational excellence with experience of Lean / Six Sigma principles and methodologies. You will guide the site along its continuous improvement journey through deployment, sustainment, and coaching of AGILE Operating System (AOS) elements (e.g. visual systems, value stream analysis, standard work, equipment efficiency) at MA Bio Ops.
You will report to the Agile Lead
How you will contribute:
- Help develop improvement projects for business systems and work processes that have a large cross-functional impact to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time, and improve performance.
- Present project proposals that directly support the site strategy, influencing important partners on direction, scope, and timing of projects.
- Develop resource plans, design project charters, and define milestones and SMART project targets and outcomes.
- Report out on project deliverables to site leadership, explaining main accomplishments and escalating issues that require additional support.
- Measure project metrics, including anticipated and actualized efficiencies and cost savings.
- Collaborate with process leads, sponsors, business lead, and teams to accomplish projects that support site strategy.
- Develop a mature network across all departments and use it to accomplish, manage partners/end-users, and build trust.
- Provide training on Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement principles and practices across the organization, including leadership.
- Lead site/functional workshops to improve site coaching capabilities.
- Seek, identifies, and shares best practices throughout the site and AGILE community.
- Support understanding of AGILE deployments with development needs of AGILE Champions to maximize learning.
- Support creation of site roadmap by working with AGILE Lead to evaluate scope and effect of improvement plans, understanding interdependencies and related risks and seeking mitigation plans.
- Capture, clarify, and align strategic goals by creating deployment plans to measure current state and create road map to address gaps where goals are not being achieved.
- Integrate activities related to site execution of AOS (AGILE Operating System) elements, making performance visible, identifying problems/gaps/variation, taking action to fix problems / reduce variation / reduce lean waste, and sustain and improve.
- You will resolve issues and making recommendations to improve site performance.
- Decisions made support the manufacture of high-quality biopharmaceuticals to our patients.
- Solicits input from other function areas to facilitate decisions.
- Identify problems, their resolution, trends, and their impact on project success; propose recommendations for action.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Life Sciences, Engineering, or other related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise in DMAIC and lean manufacturing tools. Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Required.
- Experience with project and change management to ensure successful implementation of identified opportunities.
- 5 or more years of experience leading projects that change business processes and enhance organizational capacity that achieves impactful results.
- An understanding of regulatory requirements and their applications in a cGMP environment.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Ways of Working
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Preference will be given to candidates with a remote location near, and availability to work during the working hours of, the corporate office in Boston, Massachusetts.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA – MA – Lexington – BIO OPS