- Job ID 34146
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
- 3+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience working with underserved communities and nonprofit organizations.
Do you want to play an instrumental role in making Amazon the best employer on Earth? The Inclusive eXperiences and Technology (IXT) team, the team responsible for Amazon’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy and programs, is seeking a program manager to support its work with community advocacy organizations.
Reporting to the Head of IXT Policy and Partnerships, you will build mechanisms to support Amazon’s efforts to cultivate relationships with global and national community advocacy organizations. You will flex your project management and communications skills to work across teams to initiate and maximize external partnerships and build enduring relationships with external partners. You will also build and support mechanisms that allow the team to monitor, report- on, and respond to external trends and events that impact Amazon’s DEI efforts. You will measure and communicate the results of these efforts against IXT and team goals.
Working with both internal and external stakeholders, this role requires strong emotional intelligence and excellent judgement. The program manager will also be expected to lead through the ambiguity that comes with being part of a new initiative and balancing competing priorities when reacting to current events and the need to deliver on already established goals.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage IXT’s efforts to deepen engagement and earn trust with select social justice and human rights partners by establishing a mechanism to plan, track, and evaluate our engagement;
- Ensure a smooth customer experience for social justice and human rights partners, including regular external communications, prompt replies to inquiries, and on-time financial transactions;
- Manage in-person and virtual convenings of social justice and human rights partners;
- Support internal communications with IXT leaders, affinity groups, and others on the work of social justice and human rights partners and opportunities to participate in their events, including a mechanism to regularly share a calendar of upcoming engagements;
- Prepare briefs for IXT executives and others participating in activities with social justice and human rights partners;
- Represent IXT’s Policy and Partnerships team at internal and external meetings and events; and
- Assist IXT’s Policy and Partnerships team with mechanisms to monitor, report on, and respond to external trends and events that impact Amazon’s DEI efforts.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Washington, DC, USA
- Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
- Experience building processes, project management, and schedules
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly, concisely, and effectively relay a concept, idea, or response.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.