- Job ID 37086
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
The Wind Farm Improvement Project Manager position reports to the North American Service Operations Project Management Office and is responsible for managing SCADA and turbine software related external aftermarket-based improvement projects. The project will be managed from pre-sale/handover through planning and execution to project closure.
Relocation will not be offered for this role.
- Sole responsibility of the project from implementation through completion.
- Consults with customers on technical solutions, together with Sales Manager or Key Account Manager. Help define project scope, goals, and deliverables during pre-sales
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Monitor project performance to ensure the team stays on the approved timeline, manage the global project team, manage budget performance, identify risks involved in a project and mitigate those risks.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Provide project revenue reports and profit forecasts as regular project status updates.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, schedule, budget, and overall status. Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
- Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, work statements, specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Help identify parts list as needed per work scope.
- Proactively assist Sales, Marketing, and Field Service in order solicitation (planning, identifying, quoting, ordering, and BOM interpretation)
- Able to research technical records to provide parts clarification.
- Apply PM@SGRE methodology.
- Maintain cross-functional/P&L interfaces and utilize skills such as the ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions, and resolve conflicts.
- Be self-motivated and can forecast risks and challenges.
- Have the ability to multitask.
- Drive a high-performance culture through strong leadership and effective team management using varied resources across multiple departments and organizations. Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff
- As part of the Service Operations Project Management Team, help define the future portfolio of Wind Services.
- Qualified applicants may be allowed remote working opportunities, based on business needs.
Required Knowledge/Skill, Education, and Experience
- Advance level of knowledge in:
- SGRE SCADA and turbine software knowledge
- familiarity with SGRE’s Wind Farm Improvement products
- Technical knowledge of the different SGRE platforms preferable
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building
- Project scheduling
- Project budgeting
- MS Office & products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Projects & Visio)
- Subcontractor and vendor management
- Safety minded
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PMP / IPMA / PM@Siemens Cert. required
- Travel required: up to 35%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more,
To learn more about our benefits,
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.