- Job ID 37159
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Address: 322 Rhett Street, Greenville, South Carolina, United States – 29601
Purpose Financial, Inc. is an innovative consumer financial services company that offers a diverse suite of credit products, promoting financial inclusion and meeting consumers wherever they are. Through its brands, the company is committed to helping customers achieve their version of financial stability in the moment and in the future. Since 1997, Purpose Financial has been a pioneer in the consumer credit and financial services market offering money solutions in over 1,000 storefronts locations and online lending. Providing services in over 20 states, Purpose Financial employs over 2,700 team members.
At Purpose Financial we are always on the lookout for motivated individuals who share in our values of mutual respect to join our team of outstanding professionals.
- Competitive Wages
- Health/Life Benefits
- Health Savings Account plus Employer Seed
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- 3 Weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- 11 Company Paid Holiday’s
- Paid Time Off including Volunteer Time
- Vacation Carryover
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work-Life Balance
- Business Casual Environment
- Rewards & Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Office in downtown Greenville that offers free parking, onsite gym, free snacks/drinks (for those working onsite or hybrid)
To learn more about Purpose Financial visit Purpose Financial Website.
This position is a Scrum Master within our Continuous Improvement Department reporting to the Sr Manager, PMO. As a Scrum Master at Purpose Financial you will play a crucial role in our software development process by following the principles of the scaled agile framework to coach cross functional teams in the execution of portfolio initiatives within an Agile release train. The individual in this role takes a coach/mentor as a servant leader to help the team self-organize and adopt an attitude of continuous improvement. Actively identifies and removes impediments to ensure that assigned sprints and strategic initiatives are completed on time. Tracks and reports daily output of the team against schedule commitments. May lead up to two scrum teams.
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Function in a servant-leader role to the scrum team(s) helping them understand and embrace our scrum concepts.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Resolves/solves impediments inter-team and intra-team and/or proactively escalate issues as needed.
- Identifies risk to delivery and reports risks/issues to the Sr Mgr, PMO or program leadership team as needed to develop broader risk mitigation action plans.
- Ensures the team is prepared for sprint demos, reviews and retrospectives, ensuring the team follows these key ceremonies with appropriate content/quality.
- Partners with the Product Owner to help the team create and execute sprints.
- Ensures required data elements and documentation are in the work products as required in the DoR.
- Identifies resources needed and ensures the team has enough velocity to commit to planned work.
- Analyzes burn rate of the sprint and holds team accountable for burning down task hours.
- Tracks adherence to assigning hours and story points at the sprint level and that team updates reporting data elements daily.
Job Responsibilities Cont.
- Holds regular interactions with other Scrum Masters or Product Owners as appropriate to deliver features, epics and stories as requested by stakeholders.
- Monitors and confirms adherence to the DoD.
- Align sprint output with Release Management for production delivery.
- Create and manage communication on cadence driven report cycle by delivering accurate, informative, well-organized status reporting.
- Effectively convey our strategic vision in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates Program Increment Planning for their respective team(s). Help the team prepare for planning and understand their capacity.
- Ensures understanding of scope required for delivery in the Program Increment and in each sprint
- Coordinate collaboration with other teams and/or individual contributors and stakeholders during Program Increment Planning.
- Assists team in developing and articulating Program Increment goals/objectives and business value.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
Scrum Master Certification (CSM) required. Work is independent with frequent mentoring and collaborative in nature. Requires 5 years of Scrum Master experience. Experience with SAFe methodology a plus. Should have strong potential to learn and retain technical terminology and in translating basic technical terms to non-technical people. Demonstration of strong analytical skills preferred. Experience in the Financial Industry preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate in person, by phone, and through email; adaptability and flexibility to changing environment; and comfortable working in a dynamic, high volume, challenging environment. Ability to read, write, evaluate, and apply information. Ability to interact professionally and exhibit appropriate social skills. The ability to use standard collaborations tools such as Rally, MS Teams, Zoom is required. Ability to develop and maintain business relationships. MS Office – intermediate user (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint). Any prior experience with Agile PPM tools like Agile Central (Rally), Rally, SharePoint is highly desired. Familiarity and any associated certifications using the SAFe 2.5/4.0 methodology is highly attractive.
Sitting for long periods of time; standing occasionally; walking; bending; squatting; kneeling; pushing/pulling; reaching; twisting; frequent lifting of less than 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.; driving and having access during the workday to an insured and reliable transportation; typing; data entry; grasping; transferring items between hands and/or to another person or receptacle; use of office equipment to include computers; ability to travel to, be physically present at, and complete the physical requirements of the position at any assigned location.
up to 20%
Must be eligible to work in the USA and able to pass a background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 42977