- Job ID 37176
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Software Asset Management Manager
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
This role executes processes and procedures to ensure software license entitlements, subscriptions and deployments, and associated maintenance and support agreements are effectively managed and administered in order to continue to meet business requirements, maintain compliance with license/contract terms; and maximize value while mitigating risk.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to enable the effective and efficient management, administration, and oversight of an enterprise-wide software license, subscription and maintenance/support portfolio based on industry and internal leading practices.
- Negotiate, as part of a cross-functional team of key subject matter experts and stakeholders, software license, subscription, and maintenance/support agreements in alignment with business requirements, and industry / internal leading practices
- Ensure software license entitlements, subscriptions and deployments, and associated maintenance and support agreements are effectively managed and administered in order to continue to meet business requirements, maintain compliance with license/contract terms; and maximize value while mitigating risk.
- Influence software publisher’s/provider’s licensing policies and practices to align with business requirements, reduce complexity, and mitigate risk.
What you will do:
- Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers
- Interprets business strategies, opportunities and trends and recommend best practices
- Engages in roadmap development and management for software asset portfolio
- Introduces new ideas and processes to improve portfolio performance and longevity
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Fulfills SME role for specified complex, enterprise-wide software license agreements
- Performs license compliance and license re-harvesting assessments
- Negotiates and administers license agreements and purchases in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Provides data to support maintenance renewals, usage forecasts, budgeting and other decision support and governance activities
- Provides support to key continuous improvement activities
- Provides support to 3rd Party Audit activities
What you will need:
- 7 years of related software asset management experience, for both end-user and data center products, in a large, diverse company
- Experience and knowledge of the software lifecycle from licensing to purchasing to deployment to decommissioning.
- Experience engaging and consulting with others in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability to perform SME role in complex license agreement negotiations
- Effective communication skills both internally and externally using a variety of styles and medium
- Demonstrated data analytics and critical thinking abilities
What will set you apart:
- 8+ years of strong software asset management experience, for both end-user and data center products, in a large, diverse company
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of software license entitlements, terms and use rights for specified complex license agreements; obtain industry certification where applicable
- Demonstrated experience in developing approaches to rationalize and optimize license entitlements across the enterprise
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of software license entitlements, terms and use rights across a broad portfolio of publishers and products
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading functional teams or projects
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategy and approach to solve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Technology, or equivalent experience
The pay range for this position in California is $ 135,000 to $165,000 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.