- Job ID 37093
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
James Hardie Building Products Inc. is the North American leader in fiber cement home siding and exterior design solutions. Hardie® products offer long lasting beauty and endless design possibilities with trusted protection and low maintenance. The company pioneered modern fiber cement building products and continues to invest in innovation to transform the industry. James Hardie is a high-performance organization, with an unwavering commitment to Zero Harm. The company proudly employs a diverse workforce of over 3,000 employees across operations in North America.
Make your dream career a reality. It’s possible!
Hybrid from our downtown Chicago office / your Chicagoland home office
As the Sr. Director, IT Leader, North America, you will be pivotal in driving the IT strategy and business alignment within North America. This role has ultimate accountability for IT services in North America.
This multifaceted position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, strategic thinking, and strong business acumen. You will oversee IT operations within your region, collaborate closely with business stakeholders to identify technology-driven opportunities and ensure the successful execution of IT initiatives that drive business growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the CIO and senior business leaders to develop and execute the North American strategy. Ensure the voice of the customer is central to developing the IT strategies.
- Relationship Management: Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and work closely with them to understand their needs and challenges to build trust and credibility. Be viewed and act as a trusted advisor to the North American President and the CIO.
- Business Solutioning: The NA IT Lead should deeply understand the organization’s unique business processes, needs, and challenges to translate them into IT solutions that drive profitability and growth. The Lead will work with the IT team to develop and deliver solutions that meet these requirements.
- Value Creation: Create value through the use of IT solutions. This requires a strong focus on outcomes and the ability to measure the impact of IT solutions and services on the organization.
- Communication: Responsible for being the primary conduit between NA Leadership and the IT organization. Delivering timely, concise, clear, actionable information in both directions is critical for the role.
- Service Delivery: Partner with other IT leaders to ensure all IT service delivery is effective, reliable, secure, scalable, and tracked to meet business demands.
- Partner with Global IT Leaders: Staying aligned with Global IT Leaders providing IT services and leading dotted-line staff is critical to the role. Collaborate and communicate directly with the managers of the IT staff in your region. Team up with global IT leadership on IT staff hiring, goals, and performance reviews.
- Voice of Customer: Serve as the voice for your customer within IT.
- Cybersecurity: Advise customers on Cybersecurity policies and activities supporting good security hygiene because appropriate user behavior is critical to a secure organization.
- Innovation: Inform the business about new technologies (i.e., Generative AI, Hyperautomation, Robotics) that they can leverage.
What You’ll Bring:
- Requires BA or BS and 12- 15 years of related experience. Preferred Master’s degree with 6+ years of IT Business Partnership.
- Prefer at least four years of experience in industrial manufacturing, ideally in building materials.
- At least seven years of IT leadership experience, ideally with a background in a variety of IT functions (i.e., Applications, Infrastructure, Data, Cybersecurity)
- Proven track record of building strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within a matrix structure.
- Proficient in extracting process and data requirements from stakeholders using various techniques.
- Knowledge of critical technologies and applications (e.g., ERP, ideally SAP, IoT, process automation, Salesforce).
- Familiarity with business solution trends and their potential impacts on associated business functions.
- Proficient in business case techniques such as cost-benefit analysis, decision analysis, negotiation, and financial analysis.
- Experience with modern technologies and solutions: Cloud, Mobility, Analytics along with IoT in the workplace
- Experienced in implementing cross-functional workplace technologies
- Demonstrates executive presence, strong business acumen, navigating ambiguity, managing complexity, and can translate strategies and vision into executable plans
- Proficient in Lean and various software development methodologies
- Understanding of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts related to requirements, data, usability, and process analysis
What You’ll Receive:
At James Hardie, we recognize that our success depends on our people. We’ve worked hard to build a generous and competitive benefits program that demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
- Comprehensive low-cost co-pay Health Insurance; medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance benefits for every 30+ hour full-time employee. Insurance starts on day one!
- 401(k) Retirement plan that will match 100% of employees saved dollars up to the first 6% of your salary
- Paid holidays, paid vacation including Jury Duty and bereavement leave
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
- Community Involvement & Sustainable Solutions – Fire Resistant Siding to Help Rebuild the Grizzly Flats Community | James Hardie
- And more
Apply now and come “home” to Hardie!
James Hardie Building Products Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, or any other basis protected by law.