- Job ID 37087
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
The City of Reno is looking for a Systems Analyst. The incumbent will be responsible for performing professional level information systems analysis duties in troubleshooting, configuring, and improving our digital workflow system. They will perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility including account management, workflow configuration, and automation of tasks. The incumbent will also be responsible for related integrations into our Microsoft environment.
In addition to the above tasks, the incumbent will be responsible for cooperative support for the City of Reno’s customer relations management (CRM) system, ServiceNow. Duties will include, but are not limited to, integrations to other existing enterprise applications using various API’s and other potential custom programming.
We have one anticipated vacancy in the Information Technology Department in which hiring will begin immediately following the close of this recruitment. This recruitment will also establish a list for future vacancies, which will be filled as they occur.
an internal and external recruitment to provide a promotional opportunity for all qualified current classified City of Reno employees and an open competitive opportunity for all other qualified applicants.
The City of Reno is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to everyone. This commitment is an integral part of our efforts to ensure that we have a diverse and representative workforce that serves the community of Reno.
- Perform professional level information systems analysis duties in the development, installation and maintenance of software applications.
- Design and prepare test data and perform proper testing of computer programs; consult with staff and end-users to ensure programs meet specifications and expectations.
- Develop scripts and codes to prototype alternative access to relational databases.
- Develop custom reports from relational databases using various report writers.
- Respond to requests from users regarding system operations or hardware and software problems; modify program coding, provide solutions to operational problems or refer users to appropriate staff member.
- Provide user training for applicable software applications; develop user training manuals and written standards and procedures; update and maintain user and training manuals as needed.
- Provide supplementary support and security for various application servers.
- Administer local area network systems in assigned area; purchase, install, monitor and problem solve file servers, personal computers, peripheral equipment and related software.
- Analyze, install, maintain, and develop requirements for software applications; troubleshoot and rectify software problems; evaluate new software/hardware and recommend changes as needed; prepare and update user manuals and system documentation.
- Contact vendors for components, technical reference and/or services required for network expansion and maintenance.
- Manage, track, and maintain citywide software inventory and licenses.
- May provide department-specific technology, network, and communications support to a City department.
- Perform related duties as required.
Combinations of relevant work experience and education that are equivalent to the following are acceptable.*
- A Bachelor’s degree (120 semester/ 180 quarter hours) from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Each year of additional relevant work experience will substitute for one year (30 semester/ 45 quarter hours) of the education requirement.
- One year of application programming and/or systems analysis experience.
Please submit your completed application and all additional information/documentation requested online at
by December 3
p.m. PT. If a computer or mobile device is not available to you, suggested locations to complete an online application submittal include: the City of Reno City Hall 2nd floor computer kiosk or 5th floor Civil Service Offices, any locations of Nevada Job Connect or any local library or educational facility.
If you are having difficulty logging into your governmentjobs.com profile, please call the applicant support line at 855-524-5627.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and pass the examination for this position to be eligible for hire. The examination will consist of online assessments which include a Cognitive Abilities Test and an Employee Personality Profile; along with a Training and Experience evaluation (T&E) weighted as follows.
Training & Experience Evaluation (T&E) = 70%
Employee Personality Profile = Informational purposes only
Online Assessment Details:
Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the online assessments once the recruitment has closed. These tests will be self-administered with no proctor, which means candidates will be able to complete them online at their convenience during the designated testing window.
The instructions and guidelines will be emailed to qualified applicants after the recruitment closes on December 3, 2023.
Please make sure to check for emails around this time, including your spam folder so that you do not miss this testing opportunity. All assessments must be completed within the designated testing window to move forward in the hiring process.
Training and Experience Evaluation (T&E) Details
The T&E examination consists of a Supplemental Questionnaire. The questions may be viewed online under the tab marked
“QUESTIONS” on the job announcement page. The
T&E must be submitted online at the time of application.
Responses to your T&E questions should be consistent with the information given in your application details. Answers are subject to verification.
- Failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score; therefore, it is advantageous for you to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question.
- In order to receive credit for education or training, you must attach copies of your transcripts, diploma, or relevant certificates to your online application.
- Resumes or questionnaires uploaded as attachments to the application will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question online.
- “See Resume” or “See above,” etc., are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
- Changes or corrections to your responses cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- TIP: It may be more efficient to develop your responses in a word processing document and then paste them into the online questionnaire to be submitted.
Applicants are notified by email of their examination results. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will also be notified.
If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability and will be requesting an accommodation, that request must be made to the Chief Examiner no later than the closing date of this announcement.
Employee/Veteran Preference (In the event of Tie Scores):
On promotional examinations, in the event of tie scores resulting from final rating, including seniority points, an employee will be awarded veteran’s preference and provided a rank preference if one (1) of the eligibles has submitted proof of honorable discharge from the military service. This preference will only be administered in the event of tie scores. Documentation must be submitted at the time of application.
The final ranking will include the applicable seniority points added to the overall grade of the examination process. For each full year of continuous service completed, 0.2 points will be added up to a maximum of ten (10) years… 2 points will be the maximum.
Rule VIII – Promotion, Section 9. Seniority Credit.
Appointment and Certification:
Appointments to positions in the City’s Civil Service system are made on the basis of examination. Scores resulting from a competitive examination are used in determining a person’s rank on an eligible register. The department may hire any of the persons referred. The names of those persons not hired may be considered when the next vacancy occurs, for as long as that register is viable.
Questions about the information on this announcement and updates to application information should be directed to Civil Service at (775) 334-2223 or email@example.com.
The City of Reno is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, retention, and disciplinary decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, political affiliation, membership in an employee association, or any other protected class status applicable under federal or state law or City Charter.
Please use this Health and Welfare Benefit Link to learn more about the City of Reno’s great employee benefit plans and wellness programs.