- Job ID 37069
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
Durham County Government employs approximately 1,900 employees that work towards providing needed services throughout the community. With a wide array of services, Durham County Government is at the heart of a rapidly growing and diverse area offering residents, employees and visitors exciting opportunities to live, work, grow and play.
November 03, 2023
November 17, 2023
$58,135 – $73,000
Durham County Library is seeking a flexible, tech-savvy professional to support a diverse array of hardware and software throughout the library system, help lead library technology projects, and train library staff on technology tools. This position will help strategize for and develop new technology for the library. A second main responsibility of this position is to collect and analyze the library’s statistics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and solve library hardware and software problems on systems including, but not limited to, public and staff computers and printers, self-checkout machines, and meeting room audio/visual equipment.
- Perform daily monitoring of service tickets and ensure work is being completed in a timely manner.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate library technology projects.
- Help create Library IT application and systems standards, maintenance procedures, and operational procedures. Document new Library IT procedures.
- Train users on library hardware and software.
- Collect library statistics including door counts, computer use stats, electronic resources statistics, and more.
- Work with third party vendors to develop ways to help automate statistic collection.
- Develop reporting dashboards for various users including Library Director, Executive Leadership Team, Board of Trustees, location managers, and others.
- Collaborate with library leadership in creating annual reports to the state of North Carolina.
- Provide excellent customer service and communication for internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some night and weekend work may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of Windows PCs, networked environments, desktop applications, cloud-based applications including Microsoft 365, and system management tools.
- Experience supporting audiovisual equipment including cameras, projectors, microphones, and mixers.
- Experience with statistics collecting and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct small group or one-on-one instruction.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and in independent, self-directed tasks.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License to operate County-owned vehicle and/or personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires an Associate’s degree in Management Information Systems, Telecommunications, Computer Science or closely related field supplemented by two (2) years of experience providing technical assistance, systems maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, and/or ClearPoint.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
- Public library experience.
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer