- Job ID 37139
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
External Job Opportunity
Job Duties/Scope Of Work
WORK SAFE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND BE A PART OF HISTORY WITH THE CPCCo TEAM!
At Central Plateau Cleanup Company (CPCCo), located in Richland, Washington, we are working to provide a sustainable future for the historic Hanford area through the protection of the Columbia River and the remediation of the Central Plateau. To achieve our mission, we need exceptionally talented, innovative, and driven people to help us reduce risks on the Hanford Site by removing some of the most hazardous waste streams and facilities in the Department of Energy (DOE) complex. If you would like to work with a highly skilled workforce to achieve unique and challenging goals that critically impact our environment and community, this is your chance to be a part of our legacy!
Our Operations Training/Procedures team is seeking a Trainer/Procedure Writer to support the Waste and Operations Project. The Trainer/Procedure Writer will be responsible for the following:
- Under general supervision, analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate training using the systematic approach to training
- Develop training materials such as Job-task lists, On-the-Job Training qualification cards, Qualification Standards, Classroom training materials and knowledge tests
- Ensure compliance with CPCCo standards, processes, and procedures
- Develop procedures and training materials in a manner to ensure safe, efficient, and cost-effective operations
- Develop procedures including drafting, editing, and revising and performing comment resolution
- Perform equipment walk downs to verify field conditions
- Work with functional managers, technical authorities, subject matter experts, and field workers to ensure procedures are written in an appropriate manner for the training, qualification, and experience of the workers
- Ensure the level of detail prescribed in procedures is appropriately balanced with the training required for the position performing the work
- Provide daily interface with technical authorities, functional managers, and subject matter experts
* US Citizen
- Career Level Grade 16: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5 or more years of relevant experience
- Senior Level Grade 18: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with 8 or more years of relevant experience
The higher posted level has greater scope, complexity, authority, impact. The level offered to the selected candidate will be based on the needs of the company and the candidate’s education, training, and/or experience. In addition to base pay, employees may be eligible for variable pay awards.
* Field experience
- Experience with the Job Hazard Analysis process
- Experience working training development software
- Instructor or training specialist qualification related to technical/functional operations
- Knowledge of DOE Order 426.2, “Personnel Selection, Qualification, and Training Requirements for DOE Nuclear Facilities.”
- Experience working with a procedure management system
- Procedure Professional Association (PPA) certification
- Experience developing and implementing technical procedures for operations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Compensation & Benefits
In accordance with the CPCCo salary determination process, CPCCo takes into consideration the level of assigned job duties and responsibilities, and the candidate’s education, training, and/or experience relative to internal peers and the external labor market. CPCCo will not solicit salary history for candidates.
Expected annualized pay range based on full time schedule (40 hours per week):
Career Level Grade 16: $83,950 – $105,570
Senior Level Grade 18: $101,525 – $128,075
CPCCo’s generous benefits package offers medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) employer match and paid time off. For a full list of benefits please see https://cpcco.hanford.gov/page.cfm/CareersandBenefits
A few benefits/perks you can anticipate, depending on the nature of your employment with CPCCo, include the following:
- A casual-dress work environment, where jeans are a regular thing.
- A standard 4-10’s work schedule that allows for long weekends and recharging on the Columbia River, on a golf course, at 200+ surrounding wineries, or at other Pacific Northwest destinations
where fishing, hunting, snowboarding, hiking, and other outdoor sporting opportunities are in abundance.
- An excellent benefits package, effective day one of hire, which includes a generous 401K Savings Plan, Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance Options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Holiday/Vacation
Pay, and more!
CPCCo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applicants and employees have rights under Federal Employment Laws and are protected under federal law against discrimination. To view information regarding these rights, please click on these links:
- Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
- Pay Transparency Policy Statement
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- WA State Paid Family Medical Leave