- Job ID 37105
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 8,700 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated $2 billion in revenues in fiscal 2022. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Any of the following locations: Huntsville, AL – Pittsburgh, PA – Latrobe, PA
Job Summary and Mission:
Identify establish, and drive sourcing of material from generators in the marketplace and be part of a team responsible for managing a critical material. This role provides the opportunity to partner with stakeholders inside the business as well as with supplier representatives at various levels of their respective organizations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ongoing communication to develop strong relationships with suppliers (current and potential) at various levels in the organization from front-line to executive through direct phone calls, emails, video conference, and in-person meetings/presentations
- Responsible for collaborating with internal and external customers to deliver exceptional service by managing relationships, follow through, attention to detail, timely execution, and clear communication.
- Create new and improve on existing work processes to support growth and continuous improvement.
- Identify and cold call potential sources of supply and develop relationships upon first impression and on-going.
- Obtain and report all market information. Incorporate market information into price and market strategies. Over time, develop market expertise and can convey expertise in a manner that establishes credibility and trust.
- Create simply financial summaries and develop proposals to build programs with customers.
- Create actionable project plans and manage/execute projects to deliver continuous measurable improvement.
- Provide support as needed to Sourcing Category Team. This may include supporting supplier compliance programs, managing a set of suppliers, or purchase order management.
Key Metrics and Outcomes include: Increase Sources of Supply, Secure Supply On-Time, Total Cost Reduction, Project Execution, Identify and Execute Continuous Improvement Projects.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience of relevant work experience
- Proficiency: MS Office, Excel, Word & PowerPoint, Customer Relationship Software, SAP (preferred)
- Communication – Excellent communication skills. Comfortable and confident communicating and interacting with various individuals to drive targeted results. Proven experience in persuading and leading others to build differentiated relationships. Skilled in all forms of communication including email, telephone, formal and informal presentation to support achieving results
- Business Acumen – Understands how businesses operate and key commercial terms.
- Self-Driven – Able to work independently. Competent at setting up processes to ensure timely follow up and manage multiple tasks. Goal and Detail oriented.
- Data Management – Able to use spreadsheets to develop cost related summaries and project plans.
- Competitive – Takes pride in delivering exceptional service individually or in collaboration with team members.
- Conscientious – Excellent follow up skills and attention to detail.
- Relationship Management Skills– Drives to understand requirements of others and utilizes this information to foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- Leadership – Entrepreneurial, resourceful, resilient, creative, and driven.
Kennametal Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, it is the policy of Kennametal Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or other protected status, group, or characteristic under federal, state, and/or local law or regulation. It is Kennametal Inc.’s policy to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.