- Job ID 37079
- Career Level Manager
- Experience Fresh
- Industry Development
- Qualifications Certificate
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, currently seeks a Technical Analyst in our New York City office. The Technical Analyst is responsible for providing deskside and remote technical support to the Firm’s internal users. This person must provide technical assistance on the Firm’s software and hardware including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, troubleshooting and repair of laptops and peripherals, and support of video conference equipment. Additionally, this person must possess a strong understanding of the Windows operating system and be able to master software applications quickly.
This person is responsible for part of a product, all of a product, or several products depending on the nature of the product(s) and their use. They may be part of a Team or Sub-Team supporting a specific product or may, be part of a Team using the product. They should have intermediate experience and skills in the products supported and in the operating environment on which the product is implemented. They should have intermediate analytical skills and customer service skills. Occasional travel may be required.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide 2nd level desktop support to end users
- Coordinate the resolution of or resolve all Service Desk Tickets.
- Network cabling troubleshooting from the data jack to the wiring closet.
- Wireless network connection troubleshooting.
- Deploy and troubleshoot VOIP phones.
- Imaging of desktop and laptops – Use application packaging and distribution (MECM (MS Endpoint Configuration Manager)
- Assist with Audio/Visual setups for the firm.
- Remote access troubleshooting for applications such as VMware Horizon Client, Zscaler, Microsoft Defender and Microsoft Authenticator.
- Assist with the inventory management of desktops, monitors, printers, copiers, mobile devices, and other peripherals.
- Act as a liaison with all IT groups within the regional office.
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to technology operating standards.
- Work closely with other teams to provide feedback and new IT methodologies.
- Adhere to all Change Management Control processes.
- Describe and report hardware problems to Technical Support.
- Perform necessary research using on-line services and other documentation.
- Participate in business continuity recovery and post-maintenance testings.
- Contribute to the Tech Analyst Knowledge Base in Cherwell, used by all offices.
Specific Skills Required:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills and shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs. Takes ownership of issues until final resolution.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ethics – Works with integrity and ethics; upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, organized time management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years equivalent experience.
- Supported a user population of 200+ desktops.
- Solid understanding of application packaging and distribution (MECM (MS Endpoint Configuration Manager).
- Working knowledge of VOIP.
- Strong familiarity of Document Management Systems.
- Strong technical understanding of current Microsoft Office Suite, Windows operating system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Defender.
- Remote Access diagnostics and support for VMware Horizon Client.
- Strong understanding of desktop and laptop computer hardware and troubleshooting.
- Cherwell Service Management experience preferred.
- Law Firm experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of ITIL Service Management.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2500 lawyers and business professionals in 25 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
New York: full-time annualized salary range $80,000 – $120,000. The salary offer will be contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, relevant experience, internal equity, market data, job location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.